Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rs...@engelschall.com> on 1998/03/29 14:40:59 UTC

APACI: Done.... Puhhh!

Ok, APACI was committed to our source repository and thus replaces the old
{Makefile,src/helpers/InstallApache} stuff.

I've really tried hard the last week to make it as portable and correct as it
can be, but (as always in software engineering) some bugs will remain. So, to
make 1.3b6 a really good 1.3.0-release-candidate let us test APACI in depth
under as much platforms it we can in the week. On the major platforms no
problems should occur because these were already tested by me. But I'm sure
we'll find some esoteric Unix derivates which complain about something.

Finally I first have to thank all guys who gave me important feedback and then
I have to say that I really appreciated the groups decision effort for
including APACI in the users interest and now hope that our users honor this
effort, too.

If not, I'll write a more BOFH-style "configure" script the next time ;-)

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com