Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2001/10/05 12:44:25 UTC

Re: [Lucene-dev] locating source code

Yes, see

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-lucene/

joanne.sproston@teamware.co.uk wrote:
> Is it possible to access the source code on the jakarta web site via
> the CVS tree (similar to sourceforge) ? I have tried looking at
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-lucene/src/#dirlist
> but the source code is not visible to me.
>
> Is there another way to access the source code using just a browser ?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Joanne
> >FROM: Doug Cutting
> >DATE: 09/27/2001 10:53:20
> >SUBJECT: RE: [Lucene-dev] Index integrity check and fix?
> > From: Scott Ganyo
> >>
> >> We're still having occasional problems with indexes getting the
> >> error (in Lucene 1.1 release):
> >>        java.io.IOException: /index/_1x7f.fnm already exists
> >> when updating records.  I'm not positive where this is coming from,
> >> but I'm guessing that it is from when we have to forcefully stop the
> >> service since all access to the index is synchronized.
> >
> >With the file locking code that I just checked in (to Jakarta, not
> >Sourceforge) you should not have this problem anymore.  Instead, if Java
> >exits unexpectedly, you might now find a .lock file left in the index that
> >will prevent restart.  In this case, I recommend removing all .lock files
> >before restarting your application, when you are certain that no
> >applications are currently accessing the index.  Is that acceptable?
> >

> >Doug

Re(3): [Lucene-dev] locating source code

Posted by jo...@teamware.co.uk.
Sorry for sending out junk mail, I obviously wasn't paying attention.

I've now found what I'm looking for.

Appologies

Joanne

joanne.sproston@teamware.co.uk  (05/10/2001  11:50):

intra / extra / Internet solutions at www.teamware.com

Re(2): [Lucene-dev] locating source code

Posted by jo...@teamware.co.uk.
Hi Ted

Thanks for your quick response.

The url that you have given me is tha same as that where I was looking, but all
I can see is code for the package demo, test and java.
I don't see the code that actually makes up lucene i.e the directories for the
packages index, document, analysis etc within the package org.apache.lucene

Are you able to see these directories ? Perhaps I need to register or something
?

Thanks

Joanne

Ted Husted  (05/10/2001  10:44):