Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com> on 2010/02/01 07:58:42 UTC

Best method for work flow type problem?

Hey List,

I was wondering what your opinions are for the best way to implement a
work flow type problem?

Each week we source new products and these products need copy writing,
photos, translation and then listing onto our various country websites -
its like a big pipeline that we monitor for blockages.

Right now we do this all in sharepoint and I am itching to move this
into OFBiz but what would be the best practice for this now that Shark
has be deprecated (
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Open+Source+Projects+and+Standards
)

Cheers
Sam

Re: Best method for work flow type problem?

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
You'd have to write code to automate task changes. There are actually a few parts of OFBiz that already do this, ie that create or update WorkEffort records.

As a generality the Work Effort Manager is more general, it is the generic UI for the WorkEffort and related entities. The Project Manager is simply a more specific app built on top of what is in the workeffort component.

-David

Posted by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Posted by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com>.