Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by xp...@yahoo.com on 2004/10/28 13:24:27 UTC

mod_perl 2 & Sessions

Hi,

I have a question I'm sure some of you know the answer to.

I cannot find any explaination on how to use sessions with mod_perl 2. Can any of you send a little sample code?

I would like to be able to store information like the username and password in session variables to retrieve them on all the other pages of the website.

Thanks in advance!

Xav

---------------------------------
Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis.Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !

Re: mod_perl 2 & Sessions

Posted by Carl Brewer <ca...@bl.echidna.id.au>.
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 11:53, Geoffrey Young wrote:
>
>>I'm sure others can point out additional tools as well.
>

> Apache::SessionManager is a good place for newbies to start with
> sessions under mod_perl:
> http://search.cpan.org/~enrys/Apache-SessionManager-1.02/

Further to that, "Session" may be worth a look :

http://search.cpan.org/~rsoliv/Session-0.01/Session.pm

Re: mod_perl 2 & Sessions

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 11:53, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> I'm sure others can point out additional tools as well.

Apache::SessionManager is a good place for newbies to start with
sessions under mod_perl:
http://search.cpan.org/~enrys/Apache-SessionManager-1.02/

- Perrin

Re: mod_perl 2 & Sessions

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

xpnospam-modperl@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question I'm sure some of you know the answer to.
>
> I cannot find any explaination on how to use sessions with mod_perl 2.
> Can any of you send a little sample code?
>
> I would like to be able to store information like the username and
> password in session variables to retrieve them on all the other pages of
> the website.

maintaining state is not a native feature of mod_perl proper - you need to
use a layer on top of it if you want state to be magically maintained
throughout your application.  for example, Apache::Session is a popular
add-on for this kind of thing:

   http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache-Session/

I'm sure others can point out additional tools as well.

HTH

--Geoff