Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Herman Kiefus <he...@angieslist.com> on 2011/09/01 16:14:34 UTC

MoreLikeThis assumptions

Given a document id:n show me those other documents with similar values in the 'Name' field:

http://devsolr03:8983/solr/primary/select?q=id:182652&fl=id,Name,score&mlt=true&mlt.fl=Name

My assumption is the above query will generate the desired outcome.  It does; however, given a different document (id) it does not.  Both id's identify a document whose name contains the term 'smith'.  Stated differently if A is like B, C, and D I would assume that B is like A, C, and D, but these are not the results that I'm seeing.

My objective is to simply seek out similar documents (based on several fields, I'm just using one here) for any given document; a simple 'duplicate checker' if you will.  Am I misguided in my assumptions?

RE: MoreLikeThis assumptions