Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Marius Schoeman <ma...@axxess.co.za> on 2019/06/20 04:10:50 UTC

OpenOffice Translation

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version of OpenOffice this morning (4.1.6) and came
across the request for help to translate OpenOffice to Afrikaans:

I am from South Africa and Afrikaans is my first language and I would be
very interested in assisting with this.

Please let me know what the next steps are.

Thanks and regards

Marius Schoeman

083 961 1260

 <ma...@axxess.co.za> marius.schoeman@axxess.co.za

Re: OpenOffice Translation

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Marius,

You're welcome!

Am 20.06.19 um 06:10 schrieb Marius Schoeman:

> Hi,
>

> I downloaded the latest version of OpenOffice this morning (4.1.6) and
> came across the request for help to translate OpenOffice to Afrikaans:

Since the mailing list strips attachments I think you are referring to:
https://www.openoffice.org/af/

> I am from South Africa and Afrikaans is my first language and I would
> be very interested in assisting with this.
>

> Please let me know what the next steps are.

We use Pootle as our online tool for translation:
https://translate.apache.org/af/aoo40/

You can already make suggestions there, but to do more you need an
account, see:
https://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html

If you are interested, someone will get back to you in the next days
with further informations.

Regards,

   Matthias