Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Daniel Templeton <da...@cloudera.com> on 2017/11/22 20:20:35 UTC

Apache YARN Committers & Contributors Meetup #5

We're long past due for another contributors meetup.  Cloudera is
excited to host this event at our new Palo Alto Galactic Headquarters
(https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cloudera+Galactic+HQ/@37.4254615,-122.1413431,17z)
on December 6th from 2pm-5pm PST.  We will have a Google Hangout set up
so that remote participants can dial in.  We will also provide drinks
and snacks.

Our agenda will be roughly:

* Celebrate Hadoop 3.0.0, identify any loose ends, and talk about 3.0.1
* Planning around Hadoop 3.1.0
* Planning around the branch-2 releases, Hadoop 2.10.0, etc.
* Key signing
* Plan for the next bug bash

Hope to see you there!
Daniel

PS: I wasn't able to figure out how to create an event in our meetup
group for this.  Anyone want to give me a pointer or set it up?

Re: Apache YARN Committers & Contributors Meetup #5

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.
Thanks for that update, Sunil! Good to hear that we had such a successful meet-up in Bangalore! Hoping we get back to a regular cadence!

Is it worth doing a simple blog post on this at https://blogs.apache.org/hadoop/ <https://blogs.apache.org/hadoop/> , may be with pics etc?

Plus Daniel explicitly too. Daniel, can you post the minutes from our YARN meetup in the Western hemisphere too? Shall we do a blog post on that too or combine it with Sunil's?

Thanks
+Vinod

Posted by Sunil G <su...@apache.org>.
Hi All,