Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2004/09/30 12:43:00 UTC

powerful extra-css in skinconf

Stefano Mancarella wrote:
> thorsten wrote:
> > 1. First of all cheers Stefano for your patience!
>
> I'm not always that patient... I just was in a good mood. :)
>
> >> Try adding this line:
> >> .codefrag { font-family: "Courier New", Courier, monospace; }
> >> inside this file:
> >> <forrest-install-dir>\context\skins\avalon-tigris\css\mysite.css
> >> It worked for me.
> > ...or you can add that to skinconf.xml within the <extra-css/> in your
> > project dir. No need to touch the forrest dis.
>
> Cool. I didn't know that (I'm a novice too).
> I'm using the current official release (0.5.1) and my skinconf.xml
> (generated by 'forrest seed') doesn't contain that. Obviously the online
> docs do mention it.
> Do I have to build from SVN to use it?

Yes. If people don't mention which version of Forrest,
then we just assume the trunk of SVN development.
That is what the website docs refer to.

--
David Crossley

Re: powerful extra-css in skinconf

Posted by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de>.
David Crossley wrote:

> Stefano Mancarella wrote:
>
>>thorsten wrote:
>>
>>>1. First of all cheers Stefano for your patience!
>>
>>I'm not always that patient... I just was in a good mood. :)

>>>...or you can add that to skinconf.xml within the <extra-css/> in your
>>>project dir. No need to touch the forrest dis.
>>
>>Cool. I didn't know that (I'm a novice too).
>>I'm using the current official release (0.5.1) and my skinconf.xml
>>(generated by 'forrest seed') doesn't contain that. Obviously the online
>>docs do mention it.
>>Do I have to build from SVN to use it?
>

> Yes. If people don't mention which version of Forrest,
> then we just assume the trunk of SVN development.
> That is what the website docs refer to.

I would just suggest a minor change to how it works now:
put the extra-css at the end of the generated page.css so users
can override easily the forrest classes in skinconf.xml
(this is done in forrest.css.xslt).
see
http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=user@forrest.apache.org&by=thread&from=875778

Cheers,
Johannes

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 *
D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de