Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2006/01/30 08:31:34 UTC

[VOTE] 1.2.4 Release

Ok, let's try this again.  Due to problems in the 1.2.3 release
tarballs (they didn't compile on win32) I've rolled us up some 1.2.4
releases.

The only difference between these tarballs and the previous ones are
the version numbers, fixing the win32 compile issue, and a win32
specific bug fix + test to confirm it worked that showed up at the
very last minute.  Everything else should be identical to the previous
tarballs.

Anyway, you know the drill:

 +1  -1  for release:
 [ ] [ ] apr-1.2.4
 [ ] [ ] apr-util-1.2.4

Vote early, vote often.  Again.

-garrett

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.4 Release

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 1/29/06, Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> Ok, let's try this again.  Due to problems in the 1.2.3 release
> tarballs (they didn't compile on win32) I've rolled us up some 1.2.4
> releases.

(Oh, and as usual, they're available at http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/)

-garrett

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.4 Release

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On 1/30/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
>>Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>
>>>apr-util won't build on AIX* with native compiler; needs
>>>
>>>http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/apr/apr-util/trunk/dbd/apr_dbd.c?rev=330141&r1=321236&r2=330141&diff_format=h
>>
>>EWWW!  Why not simply pass a function with the proper args and retval,
>>instead of casting this to heck?
>
> FWIW, I agree that it's ugly, but I'm not about to go making larger
> changes just for this release.

Isn't the proper change for the right args/retval to this cleanup function
fewer lines of changes than adding this 'cast magic'?

I expect to prove so shortly, just as soon as I can build Solaris/sunstudio cc.

[FMI - I keep seeing references that libiconv needs to be installed on Solaris
10 to run the sunfreeware.com packages; who was suggesting that apr-iconv is
win32 only?  heh /]

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.4 Release

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 1/30/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Jeff Trawick wrote:
> >
> > apr-util won't build on AIX* with native compiler; needs
> >
> > http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/apr/apr-util/trunk/dbd/apr_dbd.c?rev=330141&r1=321236&r2=330141&diff_format=h
>
> EWWW!  Why not simply pass a function with the proper args and retval,
> instead of casting this to heck?

FWIW, I agree that it's ugly, but I'm not about to go making larger
changes just for this release.

I do think that fixing the compile problem on AIX is probably worth
another tarball though, I'll roll one tonight sometime.

If anyone else has an uncommon system they're able to test on, PLEASE
do so ASAP, I'd like to find out about any other critical problems
NOW, so they can get into this next (final?) tarball.

-garrett

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.4 Release

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> apr-util won't build on AIX* with native compiler; needs
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/apr/apr-util/trunk/dbd/apr_dbd.c?rev=330141&r1=321236&r2=330141&diff_format=h

EWWW!  Why not simply pass a function with the proper args and retval,
instead of casting this to heck?

Bill

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.4 Release

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 1/30/06, Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:

>  +1  -1  -0  for release:
>  [X] [ ] [ ] apr-1.2.4
>  [ ] [ ] [X] apr-util-1.2.4

apr-util won't build on AIX* with native compiler; needs

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/apr/apr-util/trunk/dbd/apr_dbd.c?rev=330141&r1=321236&r2=330141&diff_format=h

With that patch applied, apr-util builds fine.

*I suspect some other non-gcc compilers will puke as well