Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mike Franon <ko...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/01 20:49:05 UTC

solr different sizes on master and slave

I was curious why would the size be dramatically different even though
the index versions are the same?

One is 1.2 Gb, and on the slave it is 512 MB

I would think they should both be the same size no?

Thanks

Re: solr different sizes on master and slave

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Yes. But keep in mind that Solr may be actually using an index.<TIMESTAMP>
directory for its live search. See either the replication.properties file or
consult the replication page to see what index directory it uses.

If it uses an index.<TIMESTAMP> directory you can safely move it to index and
remove or modify replication.properties.

--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17

Re: solr different sizes on master and slave

Posted by Mike Franon <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

Posted by Mike Franon <ko...@gmail.com>.
Thanks you very much for this info, that helps a lot!

Posted by Jayendra Patil <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

Posted by Mike Franon <ko...@gmail.com>.
Right now I have the slave polling every 10 seconds, becuase we want
to make sure they stay in sync.  I have users who will do post
directly from a web application.  But I do notice it syncs very quick,
becuase usually the update is only one or two records at a time.

I am thinking maybe 10 seconds is too fast?

Posted by Jonathan Rochkind <ro...@jhu.edu>.

Posted by Mike Franon <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Franon <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.