Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Steve Vanspall <st...@crmsoftware.com.au> on 2003/01/14 07:54:56 UTC

Problem with Log4j and JDK 1.4.1

Hi there, I am using

Struts 1.1-b2
Tomcat 4.1.18
Log4j 1.2.7
and JDK 1.4.1

The logging works fine up until I get this error

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement Log
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement Log

This casues my web-app to stop, and generally it doen't recorver unless I
restart it.

Can anyone help me, not sure what I am doing wrong.

Regards

Steve Vanspall

P.S.

The full Printack TRace is as follows

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement Log
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:555)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:289)
	at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:409)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.log.CommonLogHandler.log(CommonLogHandler.java:97)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.log.Log.log(Log.java:198)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.log.Log.log(Log.java:192)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.log.Log.log(Log.java:174)
	at
a:533)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement Log
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryI
mpl.java:420)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:548)
	... 8 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement Log
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryI
mpl.java:416)
	... 9 more

Re: Problem with Log4j and JDK 1.4.1

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.

Wrong mailing list.  You seem to have a problem with commons-logging,
not log4j. See also http://www.qos.ch/logging/thinkAgain.html

At 17:54 14.01.2003 +1100, you wrote:
>Hi there, I am using
>
>Struts 1.1-b2
>Tomcat 4.1.18
>Log4j 1.2.7
>and JDK 1.4.1
>
>The logging works fine up until I get this error
>
>org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
>org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
>org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
>org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement

Ceki