Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by mohmmadanis moulavi <an...@yahoo.co.in> on 2011/11/28 12:16:59 UTC

Tasktrackers Information

Friends,

            I want to know, how Jobtracker stores information about tasktracker & their tasks?
      and also where does Jobtracker store this information?, if anyone know about this, please let me know it.

Thanks & Regards,

Mohmmadanis Moulavi

Student,
MTech (Computer Sci. & Engg.)
Walchand college of Engg. Sangli (M.S.) India

Fw: How Jobtrakcer stores Tasktrackers Information

Posted by mohmmadanis moulavi <an...@yahoo.co.in>.

Friends,

            What is use of TreeMapdata structure in JobTracker.java file
            If anyone know it, please let me know it

Thanks & Regards,

Mohmmadanis Moulavi

Student,
MTech (Computer Sci. & Engg.)

How Jobtrakcer stores Tasktrackers Information

Posted by mohmmadanis moulavi <an...@yahoo.co.in>.

Friends,

            I want to know, how Jobtracker stores information about tasktracker & their tasks?
            is it stored in memory or is it stored in file?
            If anyone knows it, please let me know it

Re:How Jobtrakcer stores Tasktrackers Information

Posted by 郭冲 <gu...@126.com>.
the heartbeat is the way that jobtracker and tasktracker communicate with each other, tasktracker send heartbeat to jobtracker continuously, and jobtracker  returns the task or something else. tasktracker instance call the func heartbeat() in jobtracker.java to send heartbeat.

Posted by Nan Zhu <zh...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure what's the exact meaning of the tasktracker information you
mentioned

there is a "TaskTrackerStatus" class, and when the system runs, tt jt
transmits serialized objects of this class which contains some information
through heartbeat

and there is a hashmap<string, TaskTrackerStatus> in JobTracker,

Best,

Nan

--
Nan Zhu
School of Electronic, Information and Electrical Engineering,229

How Jobtrakcer stores Tasktrackers Information

Fw: Tasktrackers Information