Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Ян Программист <we...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/12 15:55:12 UTC

Derby table schema

I found this:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/sql/DatabaseMetaData.html

So, is this the way reach table metadata?

http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/org/apache/derby/client/am/DatabaseMetaData.html

John

Re: Derby table schema

Posted by Ян Программист <we...@gmail.com>.

> If you want to use the DatabaseMetaData methods from inside ij, you can use
> the table functions attached to this issue:
>
> Hope this helps,
> -Rick

I looked threw the wrapper very briefly. I will check it again today. Are
you shore that scripts request column name for constraints? I will see
later. John

Re: Derby table schema

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
?? ??????????? wrote:
> I found this:
>
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/sql/DatabaseMetaData.html
>
> So, is this the way reach table metadata?
> http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/org/apache/derby/client/am/DatabaseMetaData.html
>
> John
Hi John,

Yes, this will save you the trouble of figuring out how to unpack the
objects which are stored in columns like
SYS.SYSCONGLOMERATES.DESCRIPTOR. If you want to use the DatabaseMetaData
methods from inside ij, you can use the table functions attached to this
issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3973

Hope this helps,
-Rick