Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "quentin.compson" <to...@antichef.net> on 2005/04/27 04:31:50 UTC

remote restart of tomcat 5.5.x

i would like to be able to remote restart tomcat (maybe eventually through ant)
but i can find no doc on how to do it.

env:
windows
5.5.x
apache modjk
no ssh on windows (yet)

yes i see that the doc is here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/windows-service-howto.html

but it also says: << This section of the documentation applies to procrun 1.0,
and is now obsolete. >>  so where do i find out how to do it?

thx.

Re: remote restart of tomcat 5.5.x

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <jb...@gmail.com>.
On 4/26/05, quentin. compson <to...@antichef.net> wrote:
> i would like to be able to remote restart tomcat (maybe eventually through ant)
> but i can find no doc on how to do it.

No idea how to do it with Ant but just "Manage" "My computer",
"Connect to another computer" then enter the remote computer's name
and then if you have the permissions you can restart the service
there.

You would have to look at using the API behind that somehow so maybe
look at jcifs http://jcifs.samba.org and I think their jcifs-ext
project might be looking at something like remote NET STOP/NET START
commands.

Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster@kde.org
Personal Site - http://jasonbainbridge.com