Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro)" <ph...@searo.be> on 2004/08/27 10:42:50 UTC

Libgdm.so not found when configuring mod-perl

Hello,

When i try to configure mod-perl i get this:

************* WARNING *************

  Your Perl is configured to link against libgdbm,
  but libgdbm.so was not found.
  You could just symlink it to /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.3.0.0

Re: Libgdm.so not found when configuring mod-perl

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When i try to configure mod-perl i get this:
>
> ************* WARNING *************
>
>   Your Perl is configured to link against libgdbm,
>   but libgdbm.so was not found.
>   You could just symlink it to /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.3.0.0
>
> ************* WARNING *************

That means that you've installed a binary perl package built by someone
else, who had libgdbm.so and your system doesn't have it. Either rebuild
perl on your system, or make sure that you have the same components as the
system your perl was built in (usually it's a fault of the packagers, who,
often times, fail to specify the correct dependencies list.

Re: Libgdm.so not found when configuring mod-perl

Posted by Allen Grace <ag...@allengrace.co.uk>.
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Philippe Dhont   (Sea-ro) wrote:

>   Your Perl is configured to link against libgdbm,
>   but libgdbm.so was not found.
>   You could just symlink it to /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.3.0.0

Without knowing anything about what platforms or versions you're using,
I'd suggest creating a symbolic link just like it suggests:

# cd /usr/lib
# ln -s libgdbm.so.3.0.0 libgdbm.so

(assuming that libgdbm.so.3.0.0 is actually there - if not, you'll need to
find it and install it.)

allen