Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Carl Steinbach <cw...@apache.org> on 2012/01/23 23:21:49 UTC

[VOTE] Hive 0.8.1 Release Candidate 0

Apache Hive 0.8.1 Release Candidate 0 is available here:

http://people.apache.org/~cws/hive-0.8.1-candidate-0

Maven artifacts are available here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehive-121/

Changes:
HIVE-2589. Newly created partition should inherit properties from table
HIVE-2629. Make a single Hive binary work with both 0.20.x and 0.23.0
HIVE-2616. Passing user identity from metastore client to server in
non-secure mode
HIVE-2631. Make Hive work with Hadoop 1.0.0

Voting will conclude in 72 hours.

Hive PMC Members: Please test and vote.

Thanks.

Carl

Re: [VOTE] Hive 0.8.1 Release Candidate 0

Posted by Carl Steinbach <cw...@apache.org>.
Roman has pointed out that the source tarball contains a build.properties
file
with version=0.8.1-SNAPSHOT, which means that you can't generate
a release tarball from the release tarball without manually setting the
version to 0.8.1.

Consequently I'm withdrawing rc0 and will shortly submit a new rc with a
fix for this
problem.

Thanks.

Carl