Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Walrus theCat <wa...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/26 01:57:30 UTC

step-by-step recipe for running spark 0.8 on ec2

Hi,

I just updated my imports and tried to run my app using Spark 0.8, but it
breaks.  The AMI's spark-shell says it's 0.7.3 or thereabouts, which is
what my app previously used.  What is the official, step-by-step solution
to using Spark 0.8 on EC2?

Thanks

Re: step-by-step recipe for running spark 0.8 on ec2

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.
Make sure you use the EC2 script that ships with Spark 0.8 instead of the one with 0.7. Each one defaults to its own version of Spark.

Matei

Posted by Walrus theCat <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hey Ashish,

Posted by Ashish Rangole <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Walrus theCat,

Posted by Walrus theCat <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paco Nathan <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Walrus theCat <wa...@gmail.com>.
Andrew,

I don't think so.  I run Spark on EC2 all the time.   It only started
crashing when I upgraded my project to 0.8.  The python script gets the
latest AMI, which has Spark 0.7.3 installed (not 0.8).  There has to be
some standard procedure, probably involving git pull and the copy-dir
script.  If anyone knows step-by-step how to do this, that'd be great.

Thanks

Posted by Andrew Ash <an...@andrewash.com>.