Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by je...@brel.com on 2001/09/23 20:39:05 UTC

Are we using turbine correctly?

Dear Jason

Sorry, I do not have your email address at home. Thank you for your offer to
help in our problem of finding our app being slow. One of our engineers will be
setting up the profiler tomorrow.

Meanwhile, we would like to check with you if we are using Turbine correctly.

Basically, we are using the Turbine modules to provide an admin module to our
Content Mgmt system. We need to provide the admin user an interface of a
navigation system like Windows Explorer, and the Turbine group is used to model
the folders, sub folders and web pages in the system.

We then use the roles eg, publisher, web master to determine if the user has
the permission for add/modify/delete users, add/modify/delete folders, etc.

Do you think we are using the Turbine system correctly?

Thks for your help.

Rgds,
Jessica

Re: Are we using turbine correctly?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
On 9/23/01 2:39 PM, "jesskung@brel.com" <je...@brel.com> wrote:

> Dear Jason
>
> Sorry, I do not have your email address at home. Thank you for your offer to
> help in our problem of finding our app being slow. One of our engineers will
> be
> setting up the profiler tomorrow.

That will definitely help, if there is a bottleneck in Turbine than I would
be glad to help get rid of it.

> Meanwhile, we would like to check with you if we are using Turbine correctly.
>
> Basically, we are using the Turbine modules to provide an admin module to our
> Content Mgmt system. We need to provide the admin user an interface of a
> navigation system like Windows Explorer, and the Turbine group is used to
> model
> the folders, sub folders and web pages in the system.
>
> We then use the roles eg, publisher, web master to determine if the user has
> the permission for add/modify/delete users, add/modify/delete folders, etc.
>
> Do you think we are using the Turbine system correctly?

I can't really say from your description. You can pretty much do anything
you want with Turbine 2.x. Sounds like what you're doing is reasonable but I
can't really tell without looking at some code and I can't say I have a lot
of spare time at the moment.

If we find something pertinent to turbine in the profiler results than I
would be glad to take a look at those.

> Thks for your help.
>
> Rgds,
> Jessica