Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Shubhankar Soni <sh...@liferay.com.INVALID> on 2022/03/03 04:19:47 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_evasive-2.2.0-win64-VS16 stringent parameters

Hello All,

I have been using mod_evasive-2.2.0 module to enable DoS security. My
Apache web server is behind the Load balancer and I have added the below
parameter values which are shipped by default with the
*mod_evasive-2.2.0 *module
which are,

*    DOSEnabled          true    DOSHashTableSize    3097    DOSPageCount
     2    DOSSiteCount        50    DOSPageInterval     1
DOSSiteInterval     1    DOSBlockingPeriod   10*
The above parameter values seem to be aggressive. I added the above values
to the Server and as soon as I restart the server, the Website responded as
403 Forbidden for all the users. Are there any standard criteria to set the
above values?

Regards,

[users@httpd] Re: mod_evasive-2.2.0-win64-VS16 stringent parameters

Posted by Shubhankar Soni <sh...@liferay.com.INVALID>.
Hello folks,

Your suggestions on this are much appreciated.

Regards,

--
Thanks & Regards,
*Shubhankar Soni*

Liferay India Pvt. Ltd.| Green Glen Layout, Bellandur, Bengaluru, Karnataka
560103 INDIA
Visit Us: www.liferay.com  |  Like Us: facebook.com/liferay  |  Follow Us:
twitter.com/liferay