Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Boris Schrijver <bo...@pcextreme.nl> on 2015/12/14 16:58:47 UTC

PR's and the 2 LGTM Story

Hi all,

Just to make this clear once more. A PR needs two LGTM's. One of them needs to
run the integration- and unit-tests. While the other does code review.

This is a the minimal requirement. More is always welcome, anything less will be
reverted.

I just enforced this policy [1]. Any active committer has at all times the right
to do so.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/a00fef8c332ebaede32c46cbf3065f4acaa91f02

--

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Boris Schrijver

PCextreme B.V.

http://www.pcextreme.nl/contact
Tel direct: +31 (0) 118 700 215

Re: PR's and the 2 LGTM Story

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
Top posting on this one to reinforce a few things:

Master is now our release branch
Merge on master by the RMs *only*
PR still need 2 LGTM

Do note, that any committer is free to create any other branch and work there or work on their own fork.

The goal is not to slow down development but instead to:
- increase quality and keep it up
- increase velocity of releases

We are already seeing the benefits of this, so let’s keep it up.

-sebastien

Re: PR's and the 2 LGTM Story

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Re: PR's and the 2 LGTM Story