Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by James Tikalsky <TI...@michaels.com> on 2007/02/20 20:16:17 UTC

Am I in an endless loop?

(A) I checked out a copy of a project that my colleague had been working
on, and got an error:

D:\Temp>svn co svn://starteamw2k/web/trunk web2
.
.
.
svn: In directory
'web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce\orderstatus'
svn: Can't copy
'web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce\orderstatus\.svn\tmp\t
ext-base\cardBalanceQuery.jsp.svn-base' to
'web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce\orderstatus\cardBalanc
eQuery.jsp.tmp': The system cannot find the file specified.

(B) I create the missing file by touching it:

D:\Temp>touch
web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce\orderstatus.svn\tmp\tex
t-base\cardBalanceQuery.jsp.svn-base

(C) Then I try updating the project:

D:\Temp>svn update
svn: Working copy '.' locked
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for
details)

(D) Then I try cleaning up:

D:\Temp>svn cleanup
svn: In directory
'web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce\orderstatus'
svn: Can't copy
'web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce\orderstatus\.svn\tmp\t
ext-base\cardBalanceQuery.jsp.svn-base' to
'web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce\orderstatus\cardBalanc
eQuery.jsp.3.tmp': The system cannot find the file specified.

I can repeat steps (B) and (D) again, and again, and the only difference
I see is the same error message, except that the "copy to" file name has
a different number, i.e:

D:\Temp>touch
web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce\orderstatus.svn\tmp\tex
t-base\cardBalanceQuery.jsp.svn-base
D:\Temp>svn cleanup
svn: In directory
'web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce\orderstatus'
svn: Can't copy
'web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce\orderstatus\.svn\tmp\t
ext-base\cardBalanceQuery.jsp.svn-base' to
'web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce\orderstatus\cardBalanc
eQuery.jsp.4.tmp': The system cannot find the file specified.

Here's what a status returns:

D:\Temp>svn status web2
!      web2
!      web2\catalina_base
!      web2\catalina_base\commerce
!      web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF
?      web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\pageNotFound.jsp.tmp
?      web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\breadCrumbs.jsp
?      web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\PageNotFound.jsp
! L    web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp
!      web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce
?
web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce\orderstatus\CardBalance
Query.jsp.2.tmp
?
web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce\orderstatus\cardBalance
Query.jsp.tmp
?
web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce\orderstatus\CardBalance
Query.jsp
?
web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce\orderstatus\cardBalance
Query.jsp.3.tmp
! L    web2\catalina_base\commerce\WEB-INF\jsp\commerce\orderstatus

After I did this about 1000 times, I'm still in the same situation. I
know that my colleague was using Eclipse Java Editor, and that the
numbered files are probably his local revisions. (I assume that he
checked them in, or something.) My question is: Am I doing something to
create an endless-loop situation? Should I take another approach, or is
there a light at the end of the tunnel?

James

--
James Tikalsky
Fort Worth, TX

Re: Am I in an endless loop?

Posted by Gaurav Kothiyal <ko...@gmail.com>.
So just change the name of one of the files and you are good

--
Gaurav Kothiyal

Re: Am I in an endless loop?

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.