Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Dy...@Sun.COM on 2007/07/05 17:39:13 UTC

Full Javadoc on the Derby website?

Is there a link to the _full_ javadoc (I found the published API docs)
anywhere, or does everyone have to build it for themselves?

--
dt

Re: Full Javadoc on the Derby website?

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
> I think it would be good to add a link there to the internal
> documentation, so developers can easily find it.

We could also add some links to the engine Javadoc from the
Wiki. For example, http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/HowItWorks
has a link to the internal javadoc already, I believe.

I think the Wiki shows great promise for this sort of thing
because the barrier to editing and updating it is lower.

thanks,

bryan

Re: Full Javadoc on the Derby website?

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Ole Gunnar Borstad <ol...@stud.ntnu.no> writes:

> I did the same and gave up looking for it, so restructuring or moving
> this to the Documentation tab might be a good idea.

I think this is because the Documentation tab focuses on user
documentation.

Presently, the title "Derby Documentation" on
http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html purports to be the whole
thing, which it is not..

I think it would be good to add a link there to the internal
documentation, so developers can easily find it.

Or possibly rename the title to "Derby user documentation", so one
would know to look elsewhere for internal docs. I prefer a link.

Dag

Re: Full Javadoc on the Derby website?

Posted by Ole Gunnar Borstad <ol...@stud.ntnu.no>.
Siterer Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM:

Posted by Dy...@Sun.COM.

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> Is there a link to the _full_ javadoc (I found the published API docs)
> anywhere, or does everyone have to build it for themselves?

http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/

You can find it from this page:

http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/index.html

Expand 'Papers' on the left and then expand 'Derby Engine' & then 'Javadoc'

HTH,
Dan.