Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org> on 2021/06/18 13:26:34 UTC

[DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.11.4, 1.12.5, 1.13.2

Hi devs,

Quite recently we pushed, in our opinion, quite an important fix[1] for
unaligned checkpoints which disables UC for broadcast partitioning.
Without the fix there might be some broadcast state corruption.
Therefore we think it would be beneficial to release it soonish. What do
you think? Do you have other issues in mind you'd like to have included
in these versions.

Would someone be willing to volunteer to help with the releases as a
release manager? I guess there is a couple of spots to fill in here ;)

Best,

Dawid

Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.11.4, 1.12.5, 1.13.2

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Thanks for starting this discussion Dawid. We have collected a couple of
fixes for the different releases:

#fixes:
1.11.4: 72
1.12.5: 35
1.13.2: 49

which in my opinion warrants new bugfix releases. Note that we intend to do
another 1.11 release because of the seriousness of the FLINK-22815 [1]
which can lead to silent data loss.

I think that FLINK-23025 [2] might be nice to include but I wouldn't block
the release on it.

@pnowojski <pn...@apache.org> do you have an ETA for FLINK-23011 [3]? I
do agree that this would be nice to fix but on the other hand, this issue
is in Flink since the introduction of FLIP-27. Moreover, it does not affect
Flink 1.11.x.

Cheers,
Till

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pn...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Yun Tang <my...@live.com>.
Hi all,

As discussed offline, I will act as the release manager for 1.13.2. And I have went through all blocker tickets to see all resolved. (FLINK-23025<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-23025> has resolved the part of release-1.13 and no longer block releasing 1.13.2).

If you want to include some very important tickets in 1.13.2, please reply in this thread. And I will build a release candidate on next Monday (Jun 28th 00:00 AM CST) if nothing unexpected happen.

Best
Yun Tang
________________________________
Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
Seems there's no objections.

After reaching out to the release managers, the work will be divided as
follows.
- 1.11.4: Godfrey
- 1.12.5: Jingsong
- 1.13.2: Yun

I'll also be helping with the release managers where PMC authority is
required in the release process.

Thank you~

Xintong Song

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pn...@apache.org>.
Thanks for volunteering.

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
+1 to the release.

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.11.4, 1.12.5, 1.13.2

Posted by godfrey he <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Seth Wiesman <sj...@gmail.com>.
+1 to the release.

Posted by Yun Tang <my...@live.com>.
Hi Dawid,

Thanks for driving this discussion, I am willing to volunteer as the release manager for these versions.

Best
Yun Tang

Posted by Konstantin Knauf <kn...@apache.org>.
Hi Dawid,