Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marc-andre Thibodeau <th...@LUB.UMontreal.CA> on 2001/06/14 22:44:52 UTC

running examples in Tomcat 4.0 b5

Hi there!

I just installed Tomcat 4.0 b5 on linux and I just cannot run the
examples included in the binary bundle...
When I connect to http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp, I receive the
following error message:

HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently available
The requested service (This application is not currently available) is
not currently available.

The HTML content is served normally, but all JSPs and Servlets do not
work...
Anybody has an idea?

MA

Re: running examples in Tomcat 4.0 b5

Posted by Marc-andre Thibodeau <th...@LUB.UMontreal.CA>.
OK, I have several ClassCastExceptions trying to run examples in Tomcat 4.0
b5, all related to filters.  I suppose it's a classpath thing...

1)  Where should I put the servlet.jar downloaded with the binary
distribution of Tomcat 4 (jakarta-servletapi-4.0-b5) ?

2)  Is there any other jar file I need to execute the examples??

3)  I feel documentation is incomplete on Tomcat 4.0 installation (IMHO)

MA