Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Frank Silbermann <fr...@fedex.com> on 2008/05/02 21:15:39 UTC

Pros and cons of WicketBench

When I was developing in Wicket 1.2 I used Jbuilder 2006; it was what
the employer provided.  Other developers, however, use Eclipse for their
(non-Wicket) projects, and Jbuilder 2007/8 are Eclipse-based, so I
figured might might as well start my Wicket 1.3 experiments using
Eclipse.

What are the pros and (if any) cons of using the Wicket Bench plug-in?
Is it worth setting up if all I'm really going to be doing is (perhaps)
to upgrade a Wicket 1.2 application to Wicket 1.3?

Re: Pros and cons of WicketBench

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
the problem is i dont know eclipse internals that well. i think if
johan, or anyone else was interested in spending time on it all he
would have to do to check this out is to create a new eclipse plugin
from the tabbed editor plugin wizard and then try to embed the java
editor as one of the panes.

-igor

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
for me there are two cool aspects to wicket-bench:
1) refactor support - if you rename a class that extends Component it
will find any matching .html and .properties file and rename those
also

2) editor - wicketbench replaces java editor with a tabbed editor that
lets you quickly switch between java/html/properties files when you
open a class that extends Component. very handy.