Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2011/04/26 17:14:57 UTC

More issues with 5.0 RC4

This morning I discovered a couple new issues with my 5.0 RC4 install.

1) My tag cloud isn't working on my site. When I hit the following link, I don't get any errors in my log, but it results in a 404. Any ideas?

http://raibledesigns.com/rd/tags/appfuse

2) It looks like some of my blog entries are truncated. For example:

http://raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/2010_a_year_in_review

Is there something in the import script that might've truncated my entries when I re-imported all of them?

Thanks!

Matt

Re: More issues with 5.0 RC4

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>wrote:

> [...]
>>> data
>>> they are sending to the database is valid UTF-8. If it isn't then MySQL
>>> will silently truncate the data after the invalid part, which can cause
>>> all sorts of problems."
>>>
>>> Did anything change structurally b/w Roller 4 and 5 as far as the
>>> weblogentry and roller_comments tables go? I think those are the only tables
>>> where things got messed up. I think I can convert, delete and then
>>> re-import. Do you see any issues with that?
>>>

>> I'm attempting to do this locally. Here's my strategy:
>>
>> 1. Take my 20110302.sql dump and convert it so it works with MySQL 5. This
>> involves changing TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM and then using the "convert
>> dump" section from
>> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Convert_latin1_to_UTF-8_in_MySQL.
>> 2. Create a new 5.x database with UTF-8:
>>
>>     CREATE DATABASE roller CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
>>
>> 3. Import 20110302.sql.
>> 4. Upgrade from Roller 4 to Roller 5 using
>> WEB-INF/classes/dbscripts/mysql/400-to-500-migration.sql
>> 5. mysqldump all rows in roller_comment and weblogentry tables that are
>> older than 3/2/2011.
>> 6. In production, delete all records in roller_comment and weblogentry
>> that are older than 3/2/2011.
>> 7. Insert weblogentry and roller_comment rows from mysqldump.
>>
>> I believe this will work. However, it looks like things fail on Step 4:
>>
>> $ mysql -u root -p roller < 400-to-500-migration.sql
>> Enter password:
>> ERROR 1005 (HY000) at line 141: Can't create table 'roller.#sql-d9_d'
>> (errno: 150)
>>
>> Line 141 is:
>>
>> alter table roller_mediafiledir add constraint mf_websiteid_fk
>>     foreign key ( websiteid ) references website( id )  ;
>>
>> Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is my 20110302.sql file has some
>> partially-created relationships from a Roller upgrade attempt. I'd like to
>> think it doesn't though. ;-)
>>

> I commented out line 141 and was able to get past this. To delete records
> older than 3/2/2011, I used the following queries:
>
> delete from weblogentry where pubtime < 2011-03-03;
> delete from roller_comment where posttime < 2011-03-03;
>
> Then I attempted to import comments and weblogentries, but received the
> following errors. I'm kinda stuck. Do I need to turn off auto-incrementing
> on insert? If I search the file before importing, there is no key with the
> value below and if I search the db, it doesn't exist until after the failure
> below.
>
> mraible:Desktop mraible$ mysql -u root -p roller5 < roller_comment_dump.sql
>
> Enter password:
> ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 12: Duplicate entry
> '92fe6c8d-fb11-4c32-ba88-d2da36789c43' for key 'PRIMARY'
>
> mraible:Desktop mraible$ mysql -u root -p roller5 < weblogentry_dump.sql
> Enter password:
> ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 6: Duplicate entry '' for key 'PRIMARY'

I got it fixed by dropping the table and creating it again after combining
all entries and comments with pubtime < 20110303 (from MySQL 3.x) and those
with pubtime > 20110303 (from MySQL 5.x).

http://raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/be_careful_when_switching_mysql

Let me know if you see any of my entries/comments that are out of wack.

Cheers,

Matt

Re: More issues with 5.0 RC4

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.

Re: More issues with 5.0 RC4

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
> [...]

5. mysqldump all rows in roller_comment and weblogentry tables that are
older than 3/2/2011.
6. In production, delete all records in roller_comment and weblogentry that
are older than 3/2/2011.
7. Insert weblogentry and roller_comment rows from mysqldump.

I believe this will work. However, it looks like things fail on Step 4:

$ mysql -u root -p roller < 400-to-500-migration.sql
Enter password:
ERROR 1005 (HY000) at line 141: Can't create table 'roller.#sql-d9_d'
(errno: 150)

Line 141 is:

alter table roller_mediafiledir add constraint mf_websiteid_fk
    foreign key ( websiteid ) references website( id )  ;

Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is my 20110302.sql file has some
partially-created relationships from a Roller upgrade attempt. I'd like to

Thanks,

Matt

Re: More issues with 5.0 RC4

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.

Re: More issues with 5.0 RC4

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>
> wrote:
> > On Apr 26, 2011, at 12:20 PM, Dave wrote:
> link, I don't get any errors in my log, but it results in a 404. Any ideas?
> >
> >> That probably means that you don't have a tag index page in your side,
> >> or something the page you do have became "unmarked" as a tags index
> >> page. If that's the case, it would be very nice to know why that
> >> happened so we can fix it before release.
> >
> > Is this a servlet that should be in web.xml?
>
> No. In a custom theme, there are four types of template actions that
> you can create (weblog, permalink, search, tagsIndex and custom). For
> the "/blog/tags/tag" form of URL, then you need one template that is
> the tagIndex template.
>
> Unfortunately, Roller does not display the name of a template's action
> anywhere so it is hard to tell which templates are which actions.
> Please check the "webpage" table and see if you have a template with
> action of "tagsIndex."

So I'm guessing this is a change b/w 4 and 5? In 4, I think clicking on tags
just showed the user the regular weblog template with filtered entries. My
theme does not have a tagIndex, but I'm guessing I can add a new XML entry
that points to Weblog.vm.

... waits 5 minutes and tries it ...

Yep, that worked.

Thanks!