Posted to user@ode.apache.org by "Gu, Richard" <ri...@sap.com> on 2009/02/11 03:26:49 UTC

Runtime expression evaluation in Bpel

Hello,

I have a question that , is it possible in ODE to evaluate expression
value at runtime? EG, in if condition, you can write <condtion>$age =20
</condition> to judge. But whethe I can hold the expresstion in to
another variable and execute it at runtime? Like: if we have $condition
=  "$age=20", then we can have sth like: <condition> eval($condition)
</condition>?

Can we achieve that in BPEL?

Thanks.
---------------------------
Best wishes & god bless.

Richard Gu (Gu Jing)
Business Process Renovation (BPR), Office of CTO.

SAP Labs China
Shanghai Pudong Software Park, 1001 Chenhui Road
Shanghai 201203, China
Telephone: +86 21-61083384

mailto:richard.gu@sap.com

Re: Runtime expression evaluation in Bpel

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Gu, Richard <ri...@sap.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a question that , is it possible in ODE to evaluate expression
> value at runtime? EG, in if condition, you can write <condtion>$age =20
> </condition> to judge. But whethe I can hold the expresstion in to
> another variable and execute it at runtime? Like: if we have $condition
> =  "$age=20", then we can have sth like: <condition> eval($condition)
> </condition>?
>
> Can we achieve that in BPEL?

BPEL relies on XPath and there are no eval in XPath. You could add an
extension function to support that though, it's fairly easy to plug your own
functions using Saxon when you use the XPath 2.0 engine (see [1]).

Cheers,
Matthieu

[1] http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensibility/functions.html