Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au> on 2001/08/30 06:03:42 UTC

ProviderFactory class - suggestion and patch

hey guys,

we're using apache soap as part of a framework we're working in to expose
our services seamlessly.  firstly I'd like to say that I reckon it
rocks... ok, looking forward to the speed of axis, but its very good to
work with - well done developers...

ok, so here's where I'm at.  I want to use the URI to identify which
service I am invoking, as normal.  The thing is that I have a framework
wrapped around that, and if I use a custom provider then the uri needs to
correspond to that provider.  essentially what I want to do is configure
the rpcrouter to use my provider regardless of what the uri is, and let
the provider use the uri for identifying the appropriate service.

I've created a ProviderFactory interface, and changed RPCRouterServlet to
use it.  I've done this in a way that doesn't change the default behaviour
so am hoping this might be able to become part of the codebase....  any
developers willing to give me some feedback on this?  see attached diff to
RPCRouterServlet and ProviderFactory interface.

cheesr
dim