Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com> on 2007/03/22 21:30:37 UTC

Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Hi,
Every time I have an external link pop up a window, I get a new window.  Even if it is the same link.  Any idea how to have it re-use the same window?  I think it is a parameter to the javascript, but I don't know how to pass the value down to the javascript.

thanks,

Mark

Mark J. Stang
Senior Engineer/Architect
office: +1 303.468.2900
mobile: +1 303.507.2833
Ping Identity

Re: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
That's annoying...Well..However you get a reference to the page
service in T3 (i don't remember off hand ) should be enough for you to
do a getLink().buildURL() call to generate a url for that page.

Re: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Try getAbsoluteURL() on the page link...It's opening a new window with
a url of ("/pingfederate" - which your browser won't know how to
handle so it defaults to thinking you must be trying to open a local
file.

RE: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

RE: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Re: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

RE: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

RE: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
Nick,
Thanks for all your help that worked.  I believe that one of my developers thought that providing a window name would cause IE to blow up.  Which is why we don't have window names on any of our pop-ups.  And they went as far as to create individual classes for pop-ups rather than using the .jwc<sigh/>.

As I have time, I will be RIPPING out all of their implementations! <HEAVY_SIGH/>!

regards,

Mark

Mark J. Stang
Senior Engineer/Architect
office: +1 303.468.2900
mobile: +1 303.507.2833
Ping Identity

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
I took a look at our local pop-up renderer.  It appears, at some point, that setting the window name caused an error with IE, has anyone seen this behavior?

thanks,

Mark

Mark J. Stang
Senior Engineer/Architect
office: +1 303.468.2900
mobile: +1 303.507.2833
Ping Identity

Re: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
Mark,

Have you tried the "NewWindowLink" in tassel?
http://www.tapestrycomponents.org/Tassel/app?service=external/
ViewComponent&sp=SNewWindowLink

Robert

RE: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups