Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by adfel70 <ad...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/04 04:53:26 UTC

Do streaming expressions support range facets?

Specifically date ranges?

I would like to perform some kind of OLAP cube on the data in solr, and
looking at streaming expressions for this.

Re: Do streaming expressions support range facets?

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
The facet expression, which uses the json facet API, currently does not
support range facets. So currently you would have to use the json facet API
directly to do range facets. The facet expression will support range facets
in the near future though.

There is a ticket open which adds date functions which could be used as
part of a rollup expression (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10303). A rollup expression is
the MapReduce aggregation approach.

Joel Bernstein