Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gerald Schöffel <ta...@online.de> on 2006/02/11 13:15:24 UTC

Question about ServiceEncoder ...

Hi !

For one of my external pages I have to provide an 'old style'
ServiceEncoder so that the page can be invoked with
http://host/myApp/myExternal?name=something&color=red&.... and so on.

The problem is, that this path is called by a external application (not
from me, very old and without source :( ) using a fix path - so I have
to use friendly urls to build this path with a external service.

So in hivemodule.xml I have to specify the path to this external page.

But what to do in this ServiceEncoder ?

I could build a new Servletpath with the parameters, resulting in
something like /MyExternal?name=somthing etc. which will work an looks
nice :)

But this will collide with the rest of Tapestry (producing a second '?')
when prarameters are added by the engine (because my old style
parameters are in the ServletPath).

Like in /MyExternal?name=something&color=red?state:...

When setting the encoding parameters to null with

encoding.setParameterValue(ServiceConstants.PARAMETER, null);

the parameters are encoded the standard way
/MyExternal?sp=Sname&sp=Ssomething ...

Is there a solution for 'consuming' the external service parameters in
my implementation of the ServiceEncoder and add them to the query string   ?

Or should I use external url rewriting to solve this problem ?

My preferred solution would be the 'friendly url' approach using core
Tapestry ...

Thank you in advance !

Bye,
Gerald

--
using Tapestry 4.0, Hivemind 1.1, Tomcat 5.5.12, Eclipse 3.1.1