Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2016/07/15 11:03:37 UTC

Issues with maven-bundle-plugin incremental build

As far as I understood the maven-bundle-plugin (3.2.0) should now take
part in the m2e incremental builds.

I tested this by doing mvn clean on a project and then doing maven
update project or aternatively an eclipse clean with a subsequent
eclipse build.
In both cases the maven bundle plugin did not seem to put any files int
target/classes. So I am not sure if the incremental build works at all.

When I did a mvn clean install I found the META-INF/Manifest correctly
in target/classes. Still the DS xml files were not created in
target/classes/OSGI-INF.
The jar contained all necessary files after mvn clean install. So for
normal maven builds it seems to be fine.

The reason why I look into this is that I want to get OSGi based runs
working with exploded bundles. So as far as I understood the
target/classes folder would need to have all the necessary files for
this to work.

Another thing I would like to get working is to update bundles in a
running debug session when files are saved. A prerequisite for this is
that the incremental build creates all OSGi artifacts without doing mvn
install.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider