Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Andrew Smalera <as...@hotmail.com> on 2007/05/31 23:40:14 UTC

new registered users disabled by default

Hi,
Is there a way to say that users who just registered have disabled accounts by default?  That way as an admin I can check and verify registrations before a new user can start blogging.  I was thinking of this in terms of configuration but if anyone has an idea in terms of the source code that would help too.  So far I tried changing the default value of the column in the DB but that didn't do it.  I can't find anything in the hibernate config or code that sets a default value either..  So pointing me to the right place in the code would be very helpful.

Also is there a way to say that enabled users can't create new blogs (only post to existing ones that I've created and assigned to them).

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: new registered users disabled by default

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 5/31/07, Andrew Smalera <as...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to say that users who just registered have disabled accounts
> by default?  That way as an admin I can check and verify registrations
> before a new user can start blogging.

In Roller 4.0 we will have account activation via email, but I'm
guessing you want to do a "manual" review.

> I was thinking of this in terms of configuration but if anyone has an
> idea in terms of the source code that would help too.  So far I tried changing
>the default value of the column in the DB but that didn't do it.  I can't find
> anything in the hibernate config or code that sets a default value either..
>So pointing me to the right place in the code would be very helpful.
>
> Also is there a way to say that enabled users can't create new blogs (only
> post to existing ones that I've created and assigned to them).

We don't have a way to configure that now, but IMO it's definitely
something that should be configurable.

You're going to have to make code changes if you want to implement it.
If you want to place restrictions on who can create new blogs, you
should probably start with the MainMenu and CreateWeblog actions and
corresponding JSP pages.

- Dave