Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mike Fecina <fe...@psu.edu> on 2002/11/24 09:57:57 UTC

deployment error from adminclient about hostname

All,

I'm trying to deploy my service using AXIS adminclient.  The service
deploys fine on my machine, and here is the error I'm getting:

java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient deploy.wsdd
- Processing file deploy.wsdd
- java.net.UnknownHostException:
java.net.UnknownHostException: fruitloop
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:571)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:540)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:533)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:723)
....more stuff, but the main error is there - UnknownHostException.

I know the machine is named "fruitloop", but I do konw the IP of the
machine as well, and if I point my browser to http://IP.edu:8095/axis, I
get axis and it works fine...

I looked on the web and found that you could specify both the port and
host settings during the call to the AdminClient.  I tried both of
these, with all possible different combinations including localhost, the
ip, fruitloop, etc. etc.

Does the fact taht I have two Tomcat's running (one on 8080 and one on
8095) matter?  I could not see why it should, as lnog as both work which
they do.

So, in short, should I ask the admin to change the hostname or is there
any opssible way around this?

Any input is greatly appreciated ...

Thanks,
M. Fecina (fecina@psu.edu)