Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2011/11/26 20:07:30 UTC

Pre-release cleanup (1)

1/ tags

There are tags for pre-Apache releases.  These got copied over from the
Imports/ area in setting the Jena2/ active codebase.

I propose that we delete these tags, leaving visible tags in the active
Apache codetree for Apache release only.  They would still be in the
Imports area.

(the only branch I know about is the owl2 one which is an Apache-era
branch).

2/ Documentation doc/

Now the website is up and live, shall we delete the doc/ directories?

Deleted-from-svn doesn't mean its gone forever and it's still in the
Imports/ area as well.

Deleting them means they don't end up in the source-release if we use
the default setting of the Apache root POM for making the key artifact
with classifier "source-release".

ARQ/doc/
Jena2/doc/
SDB/doc/
IRI/doc/

IRI has a very small amount of documentation which is not ported to the
website - there is a quoted mail message from long ago

http://openjena.org/iri/documentation.html

and a lot of the rest of the subsite is wrong.

[What the IRI library really needs is a caretaker - I can keep it going
as a jar, I use for RIOT and SPARQL and I know how to rebuild it, but
that is not the same as making it a fully fledged module with it's own
presence.]

	Andy