Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Gary Malouf <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/10 00:44:22 UTC

Simplest approach to installing Mesos

I'm trying to figure out the optimal approach for setting up a new Mesos
cluster for a client.  Some of the options I see:

1) Rely on Apache EC2 deployment scripts that pull the latest Mesos AMI

Open Question: What are the security settings like for this setup?

2) CloudFormation Template

3) Create/Find Docker containers to run Mesos in (saw on mailing list today)

4) Manual install (add yum repos and probably script via Ansible) - this is
what I've done in the past but found it a bit painful.

I wanted to get an idea for what others are using for their production
clusters?  We want something quick, secure and easy to maintain/update down
the line.

Re: Simplest approach to installing Mesos

Posted by Billy Bones <ga...@gmail.com>.
Yep,

I'm actually using Ansible to manage all installation process which
otherwise will require a human intervention.
Indeed, I'm working on something which is more or less an "One command,
Install all" process using Docker, Ansible, Cobble and Consul.

I think the only tool/company/service that I know and which is able to push
a nearly complete mesos cluster ready to rumble is mesosphere DCOS which
just pop out and will be available in 2015 if I'm not wrong:
http://mesosphere.com/product/

I can't find it anymore but remember that I've seen a mesosphere ready to
boot demo cluster somewhere on their website or on the tutorials
documentation.

Posted by Dick Davies <di...@hellooperator.net>.

Posted by Billy Bones <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dick Davies <di...@hellooperator.net>.

Posted by Michael Babineau <mi...@gmail.com>.

> 2) CloudFormation Template

Here you go: https://github.com/thefactory/cloudformation-mesos

We use it in production. I'm testing a version bump to 0.21.0 and Marathon
0.7.6 as we speak.

Posted by Abhishek Parolkar <ab...@parolkar.com>.
Hi Gary,