Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Tal Rotbart <re...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/22 01:12:42 UTC

Dependency on rjb-1.1.2

Hi all,

Firstly, I would like to thank you guys for the work on buildr -- its
an incredible project. I've been lurking on the dev list to keep up to
date, to make sure that if I need to scratch an itch with buildr I can
do it in a way that will contribute to the project.

Is it just me or the latest buildr gem (I'm assuming due to antwrap)
depends on version 1.1.2 of the rjb gem? That gem doesn't seem to
exist on any of the gem mirrors I've checked nor on the main
repository.

I have version 1.1.1 of the rjb gem installed, does buildr have an
explicit dependency on the difference between 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 or can I
force the installation?

Cheers,
Tal Rotbart

Re: Dependency on rjb-1.1.2

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>.
On Feb 21, 2008, at 4:12 PM, Tal Rotbart wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Firstly, I would like to thank you guys for the work on buildr -- its
> an incredible project. I've been lurking on the dev list to keep up to
> date, to make sure that if I need to scratch an itch with buildr I can
> do it in a way that will contribute to the project.

Thanks :-)

> Is it just me or the latest buildr gem (I'm assuming due to antwrap)
> depends on version 1.1.2 of the rjb gem? That gem doesn't seem to
> exist on any of the gem mirrors I've checked nor on the main
> repository.
>
> I have version 1.1.1 of the rjb gem installed, does buildr have an
> explicit dependency on the difference between 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 or can I
> force the installation?

RJB requires 1.0.3 or later, and Buildr itself insists on 1.1.0 or
later, so 1.1.1 will work just fine.

RJB 1.1.2 was released earlier today, so RubyGems will try to download
it as being the most recent version that shows up in the index, but
the repository is not in sync with the index.  I've seen that happen a
couple of times before this week on other gems, where gem update sees
a new version in the index but can't update it.

So gem install rjb -v 1.1.1 for now and hopefully their download
server will catch up by tomorrow.

Assaf

Re: Dependency on rjb-1.1.2

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>.
On 2/21/08, Tal Rotbart <re...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Guys!
>
> Less revelant to this list, but I believe I ran into this problem
> because Rubygems seems to have a bug dealing with two dependent on a
> package in the same install.
>
> It swallows the -v directive the first time it hits a dependency, but
> tries to get the latest version for the same package when it hits it
> again. So if you have more than than one dependent package in the same
> install, the -v directive is useless.
>
> I manually installed each dependency for buildr and it works fine with
> rjb 1.1.1 as you expected.

I logged an issue with RubyForge, let's see if they can fix it.

Assaf

Cheers,

Re: Dependency on rjb-1.1.2

Posted by Tal Rotbart <re...@gmail.com>.