Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2013/04/09 11:17:21 UTC

CDI 1.0 TCK Problem + validatePassivationDependencies

Hi

In AbstractProducerBean below method is commented out but TCK 1.0 still checks ProducerMethod's Serializable return type and fields.

    public void validatePassivationDependencies()
    {
        // don't call super.validatePassivationDependencies()!
        // the injection points of producers are the parameters of the producermethod.
        // since CDI-1.1 we must not check those for is serializable anymore.
    }

In CDI 1.1 this is corrected but TCK 1.0 still check this. Why is this commented out?

Gurkan

Re: Yan: CDI 1.0 TCK Problem + validatePassivationDependencies

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
that's the reason why i suggested a (central) spi for such cases.
per default we can pass the tck and then you can decide on your own what
works for you.
(e.g. skipping checks because they are broken or skipping checks e.g. in
project-stage production because they just introduce a significant
overhead).

regards,
gerhard

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Not nice != broken.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi @ all,

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Oki time to explain this now.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Don't you remember how many tests we challenged/excluded until the TCK was finally ok?
Well, this is another of those issues - but it got catched only pretty late.

LieGrue,
strub

 speak of?

 Kimden: Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>
Kime: "dev@openwebbeans.apache.org" <de...@openwebbeans.apache.org>
Gönderildiği Tarih: 9 Nis 2013 21:47 Salı
Konu: Re: CDI 1.0 TCK  Problem + validatePassivationDependencies

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
because it's broken!