Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by teknokrat <te...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/20 15:49:38 UTC

setting appbase with tomcat+mod_webapp

I am setting up tomcat 1.4.24-LE with apache 1.3 + mod_webapp on a win2k
system. I have no problems when i deploy my app to webapps but when i
try to deploy from a different directory by setting appBase or by
defining a context for the app apache fills the log with cannot find app
messages. I need to have this app in a directory different to webapps -
anyone know how to acomplish this?

thanks

Re: setting appbase with tomcat+mod_webapp

Posted by teknokrat <te...@yahoo.com>.
Tim Funk wrote:
> (AFAIK) mod_webapp does not run on win2k.
>
> Also mod_webapp is deprecated, unsupported, and has bugs. (In unixe land
> - it still might be good enough for production work, but I'd advise
> against it).
>
> Use jk (deprecated but stable) if your in a hurry, jk2(still being
> maintained but might not be stable for you) if you have time for
> adequate testing.
>
> -Tim
>
> teknokrat wrote:
>
>> I am setting up tomcat 1.4.24-LE with apache 1.3 + mod_webapp on a
>> win2k system. I have no problems when i deploy my app to webapps but
>> when i try to deploy from a different directory by setting appBase or
>> by defining a context for the app apache fills the log with cannot
>> find app messages. I need to have this app in a directory different to
>> webapps - anyone know how to acomplish this?
>>
>> thanks

Thats interesting, I was under the impression that mod_webapp was the
new way of integrating apache and tomcat. I'll definitely have a look at
jk2. thanks.

Re: setting appbase with tomcat+mod_webapp

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.