Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Nazaret Kazarian <na...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/11 15:28:03 UTC

Basic question on Developing FormComponentPanels

The recommended way for developing a FormComponentPanel is to override
onBeforeRender and convertInput. My question is my not override
updateModel() to synchronize the model of the custom
FormComponentPanel with the models of the nested components instead of
overriding convertInput? Wouldn't that be more symmetrical with
onBeforeRender?

model -> nestedModels (onBeforeRender)
nestedModel -> model (onUpdate).

Thanks!

Re: Basic question on Developing FormComponentPanels

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
we override convertinput() so code like this still works

formcomponentpanel<foo> p=new formcomponentpanel<foo>(...);
p.add(new ivalidator<foo>() { })

if we do not override convertinput then the validator will not have a
value to validate....

-igor