Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2022/07/05 11:58:49 UTC

[VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.13-RC1 as GA

I am calling a VOTE on releasing the source and complimentary community builds of
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.13-RC1 as GA.

These artifacts can be found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.13-RC1/

Please cast your vote:

The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:

[ ] yes / +1

[ ] no / -1

My vote is based on

[ ] binding (member of PMC)

[ ] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ ]

[ ] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ ]

This vote will be open for 7 days to allow for sufficient time
for testing, review, and voting.

Re: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.13-RC1 as GA

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
he Release Candidate is good for production/GA:

[X] yes / +1

[ ] no / -1

My vote is based on

[X] binding (member of PMC)

[ ] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform

[X] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ Linux x86_64 (Ubuntu 20.04) ]

I tested some writer documents, installed an Addon (Arielchs PDF Extension). Opened some PDFs.
Clicked a bit here and there.

All the best
Peter

Posted by Czesław Wolański <cz...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:

[X] yes / +1

[ ] no / -1

My vote is based on

[ ] binding (member of PMC)

[ ] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ ]

[X] I have tested the binary RC on platform:  [ Windows 7, 10, 11 (64-bit) ]

Language attention:
- full: (en-US), (de), (pl)
- full (pl) + langpack: (en-US) & (de)

Regards,
Czesław

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.

Re: [Discuss] Vote on Release AOO 4.1.13-RC1 as GA

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
This has been the case for years. Recall that the binary builds are community convenience packages.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Carl,

Am 10.07.22 um 22:56 schrieb Carl Marcum:
> On 7/10/22 4:51 PM, Carl Marcum wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Checking the signature on the windows binaries I get Matthias's
>> signature and not Jim's (the Release Manager).
>> The policy states [1] :
>> "All supplied packages MUST be cryptographically signed by the
>> Release Manager with a detached signature."
>>
>> I understand the logistics and that Matthias built the Windows
>> binaries and signed them.
>> Maybe we could consider Matthias Co-Release manager for this purpose ?
>>
>> [1] https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-signing
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Carl
>>
> Or is it because these are convenience binaries it's different than
> the source "official" release?

I am not sure, but I provide the signed Windows binaries for some years
now...

In that way, I always was a Co-Release manager. ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

> On Jul 5, 2022, at 7:58 AM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
> I am calling a VOTE on releasing the source and complimentary community builds of
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.13-RC1 as GA.
>
> These artifacts can be found at:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.13-RC1/
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
> The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:
>
> [X] yes / +1
>
> [ ] no / -1
>
> My vote is based on
>
> [X ] binding (member of PMC)
>
> [X] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ ]

macOS, Ubuntu 20, CentOS7

> [X] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ ]

macOS, Ubuntu 20, CentOS6, CentOS7

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.

On 7/5/22 7:58 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I am calling a VOTE on releasing the source and complimentary community builds of
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.13-RC1 as GA.
>
> These artifacts can be found at:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.13-RC1/
>
> Please cast your vote:

The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:

[X] yes / +1

[ ] no / -1

My vote is based on

[X] binding (member of PMC)

[X] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ Linux
x86-64 (CentOS 7) ]

[X] I have tested the binary RC on platform [Windows 10, Linux x86-64
(CentOS 7 & 8) ]

I used the en-US rpm install for Linux and the en-US exe for Windows and
also installed the SDK for both platforms.

Verified checksums and signatures for these binaries and source tarballs.

Verified LICENSE and NOTICE files in source.

Besides the usual testing of existing documents and creating new
documents, I ran through an automated test program below.

--- Automated test results ---
Now that the tests in trunk are standalone I'm running them on systems I
can't build on also.

I ran the automated Build Verification (49 tests) and the Functional
Verification (749 tests) on Windows 10, CentOS 7 & 8.
My CentOS 7 machine is the one that runs the tests the best based on
screen resolution and color settings and what this report is based on.
Due to still having a few tests that randomly fail due to timing or
other issues I ran each suite 3 times.

48 out of 49 passed all three runs. 1 test failed 2 runs and passed once.

FVT Tests
741 out of 749 passed all three runs.
Only 1 test failed all three times and it is due to the test and not the
office.
fvt.uno.sc.sheet.SheetBasicTest.insertSheetFromfile - failed due to a
timeout where a okay to update link dialog isn't okayed by the test.
(I'm working on fixing this test soon).

--- Additional Testing ---
I verified the re-encoding of the master and stored passwords and it
worked as expected.

Best regards,
Carl

Re: [DISCUSS] Vote on AOO 4.1.13-RC1 as GA

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi all,

My understanding is that everyone can test *and* vote for the Release
Candidate.
At least this is what I did before I became a committer...

Even if these votes are not binding, it ensures that a wider audience
has had an eye on the changes.

We have a lot of knowledgeable people only reading this list and/or
being active on the forums.
Maybe some want to take the opportunity?

Regards,

   Matthias

Fwd: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.13-RC1 as GA

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hallo Alle,

Hier auch nochmal zur Info, der "Release Candidate 1" von AOO 4.1.13 ist
bereit zum testen:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.13-RC1/

"Votes" dann bitte nur auf dev@openoffice.apache.org

Gruß, Matthias

Betreff: 	[VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.13-RC1 as GA
Datum: 	Tue, 5 Jul 2022 07:58:49 -0400
Von: 	Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>
Antwort an: 	dev@openoffice.apache.org
An: 	dev <de...@openoffice.apache.org>

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.INVALID>.
Hi all

    The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:

    [X] yes / +1
    [ ] no / -1

    My vote is based on

    [X] binding (member of PMC)
    [X] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [Linux Ubuntu 18.04 x64]
    [X] I have tested the binary RC on platform [Linux Ubuntu 20.04 x64; Windows 7 x64; Windows 10 x64]

I checked the Source signature and SHA256 and SHA512 CRCs as well as both CRCs for the Linux x64 and Windows x86 main installer in en-US and PT and for the PT language pack binaries

I tested the en-US installer plus the PT language pack as well as the PT installer alone.

On Linux Ubuntu 20.04 x64 I opened ODT, ODS, ODP and ODF as well as DOC, XLS, PPT and DOCX, XLSX and PPTX files without any issues.

Regards,
Pedro

Re: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.13-RC1 as GA

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 05.07.22 um 13:58 schrieb Jim Jagielski:

> [X] yes / +1
>
> [ ] no / -1
>
> My vote is based on
>
> [X] binding (member of PMC)
>
> [ ] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ ]
>
> [X] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ ]

tested on:
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit 21H2 Build 19044.1645
- Installed AOO 4.1.13m1 (Build 9810 - Rev. 281f0d3533)

- Installed "en-US" full install + "de" langpack + "pt" langpack
- Switched the UI languages while testing

Checksums:
- Tested checksums for all source tarballs
- Tested checksums for the install files en-US, de, pt

Document tests:
- Existing, older DOC, XLS, PPT documents
- Existing, older DOCX, XLSX, PPTX documents
- Created new docs for Writer, Calc, Impress and opened / edited the
saved file with all languages

Everything without problems.

Marcus

Re: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.13-RC1 as GA

Posted by Arrigo Marchiori <ar...@yahoo.it.INVALID>.
Dear All,

On Tue, Jul 05, 2022 at 07:58:49AM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I am calling a VOTE on releasing the source and complimentary community builds of
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.13-RC1 as GA.
>
> These artifacts can be found at:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.13-RC1/
>
> Please cast your vote:

The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:

[X] yes / +1

[ ] no / -1

My vote is based on

[X] binding (member of PMC)

[X] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ Linux x86_64 (CentOS 5) ]

[X] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ Linux x86_64 (Ubuntu 18.04) ]

I used the RC for daily work -- mostly Writer, seldom Calc.

Best regards,
--
Arrigo

Re: [CLOSED] Vote Passed: (Was: Re: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.13-RC1 as GA)

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
We are still following the process documented here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.13

We are at  Website Updates

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.