Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Jeffrey Chang <jc...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/06 08:51:29 UTC

Inquiries on SOLR DEV Contribution (SOLR-2455)

Hi All,

I'd like to start small and see how I can contribute to SOLR development.

By following http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute, I've created a new
defect (SOLR-2455) and created a patch for it.

Not sure if I've done the right steps - can someone provide me some guidance
if I'm on the right track to make some contributions?

I'm still confused on how the committers decide which patch to include the
fixes into. E.g. for the fixes I contribute, since I modified from Trunk,
I'd assume it goes to SOLR 4.0.x?

Also, should I modify JIRA csae status to Resolve myself?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: Inquiries on SOLR DEV Contribution (SOLR-2455)

Posted by Jeffrey Chang <jc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Uwe.

I'll dig in more to see how I can help further now that I understand the
contribution process more.

Thanks,
Jeff

Solr-2242

Posted by Bill Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
Solr-2242 inquiry. Who is going to help me get this committed? Issues?

Bill Bell
Sent from mobile