Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mike Garrison <mi...@divide0.net> on 2003/10/17 09:12:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Redirect trailing slash problem

I'm having a weird issue with apache that has just baffled me.. I'm running
the latest version of apache and all the information is below. If any of you
have any ideas, I'd apprecaite your help!

You start off by going to http://www.server.com/url/c/c000001

There's a redirect statement (and i've tried using a rewrite to, issue still
happens) saying Redirect /url https://www.server.com/url

You get redirected to https://www.server.com/url/c/c000001

Since c000001 is a directory, mod_dir adds the trailing slash on, however,
it takes you to http://www.server.com/url/c000001/ which then redirects to
https://www.server.com/url/c000001/ and then to the actual login page as
specified by the html file.

It's not a huge issue, but if you have your browser set to let you know when
you are leaving a secure site and when you are connecting to a secure site,
it will appear as going from unsecure to secure to unsecure to secure..
which on a production site might raise some eyeballs and I dont want that.

Thanks for any help..

--
Mike Garrison

Re: [users@httpd] Redirect trailing slash problem