Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2002/11/01 17:52:15 UTC

[FRIDAY] Re: Struts taglib

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, V. Cekvenich wrote:

> "An architect is done not when he has nothing more to add, but when he
> has nothing left to remove".

OK, so lets remove all the restrooms from all the public buildings.
That functionality has all been factored out into the commons anyway
(i.e. nearly everyone's home already has one), so we don't need them here.

Such a conclusion would come as a rude shock to those in need of such
facilities, who make the assumption "well, it was right through that door
yesterday ...".

Don't forget about backwards compatibility ... :-)

Craig

Re: [FRIDAY] Re: Struts taglib

Posted by "V. Cekvenich" <vi...@users.sourceforge.net>.
 > Don't forget about backwards compatibility ... :-)

Of course this could take years.

As you said, and I silently applauded:
bean and logic tags could be deprecated to jstl
html tag could be deprecated in future to faces tag

That leaves action mappings.
Those relay should make it to a future servlet spec. (Model 2 is
important and proven)

I think dynabeans should go into a JavaBean spec.

Similar to how log4j worked out.

Musing: Afterward, start clean. Maybe an innovative light framework that
explores XML browser capabilities with Flash/SVG  that talks async. msgs
via SOAP-like to COM+ or Dynabeans. (There might be a way to write a
dynabean in C#) Thats Model 2.

.V