Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com> on 2017/01/21 17:22:27 UTC

[Arrow] Development packages to PyPI?

Hello,

I wanted to start to upload dev-versions ("nightlies") to the Python
package index (PyPI) for Apache Arrow. Given that I'm still an ASF
newbie, what are the requirements for that? I suppose as long as these
are only nigthlies, it is ok to do it without a vote? Just for releases,
we have to go through the voting process. Is there any other point I
should take care of?

Cheers
Uwe

Re: [Arrow] Development packages to PyPI?

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
Understood. For Python libraries, building from source can be very
difficult to impossible for some users, so not having nightly
artifacts can make it much more difficult for users to participate (as
non-developers) in an open source project. Perhaps there needs to be
some distinction between "official" builds and "unofficial"
(convenience, but not signed off by the PMC) builds.

Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.