Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pankaj Singh <pa...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/02 18:41:25 UTC

Understanding Role Type and link to security groups

Hi All,
We have some query about security system please give us some ideas on below
:-

For a given role type how does the Application find out the applicable
security permissions ?
for example :-
a manager role type in org_A requires ORDERMGR_ADMIN only  while another
org_B requires ORDERMGR_ADMIN  and PARTYMGR_ADMIN. How can this be done
without code level changes ?

--
Thanks ,
Pankaj Kumar Singh

Re: Understanding Role Type and link to security groups

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Did you read https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/OFBiz+security ?

Jacques

From: "Pankaj Singh" <pa...@gmail.com>

Posted by Pankaj Singh <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

1. Does this mean the permissions relevant to the party are in then code and
not as data in database ?
2. If Above is true and we would like to drive through the Database what are
the options ?
3. We are also trying to force record level permission by party not
userlogin .

Special thanks to you all for useful advise
Pankaj Kumar Singh

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I agree that the Roles (page 34 vol I) for a party should not be used
for security.
however if you step back and  use roles in partyrelationships (page 41
vol I), you do limit what data is available to a login related to a party.
This is not a security situation but a data relationship.
to me the security then is a finer definition as to CRUD functions on
the data, or should be, that is available to the that party, based on
the application interacting on the data.

BJ Freeman

adrian.crum@sandglass-software.com sent the following on 2/3/2011 8:57 AM:

Posted by ad...@sandglass-software.com.

Posted by Pankaj Singh <pa...@gmail.com>.