Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jerome Verleyen <je...@ibt.unam.mx> on 2001/09/07 16:57:23 UTC

postgres-howto correction.

Hi all,

Anothr corection to this file.

Now, the table for the jdbc type in postgresql moved from Field.java to
jdbc2/Connection.java.

I've made the patche for myself, and test with village 1.5.1 and village
1.5.2, with a file test like the testMysql, but for postgresql.

Atte.

Jerome Verleyen.

--
 LW: Attention ! Le groupe fr.bio.canauxioniques va bientôt être
supprimé.

Re: postgres-howto correction.

Posted by Gunnar Rønning <gu...@polygnosis.com>.
* Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:

| If you haven't, you may want to send this to the PostgreSQL guys as
| well.

This patch is a kludge and would never be allowed into the main
pgsql jdbc driver. OID is not only used for BLOBs, so this patch could
possibly break applications that depend on other uses of OID.

The real fix is as I previously stated to get the bytea support into
the pgsql jdbc driver, something that hopefully will happen with PostgreSQL
7.2.

--
Gunnar Rønning - gunnar@polygnosis.com
Senior Consultant, Polygnosis AS, http://www.polygnosis.com/

Re: postgres-howto correction.

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Posted by Gunnar Rønning <gu...@polygnosis.com>.
* Jerome Verleyen <je...@ibt.unam.mx> wrote:

| Hi all,
|
| Anothr corection to this file.
|
| Now, the table for the jdbc type in postgresql moved from Field.java to
| jdbc2/Connection.java.
|
| I've made the patche for myself, and test with village 1.5.1 and village
| 1.5.2, with a file test like the testMysql, but for postgresql.

Have you tested the alternative JDBC driver at sourceforge.net. I think
this supports BLOBs better using the bytea type :

http://jxdbcon.sourceforge.net/

Also the next version of PostgreSQL should come with a better a
JDBC driver that supports BLOBs better(in the form of the bytea type).
Barry Lind said that he was working on this over on the pgsql-jdbc list
awhile ago.

When this come in place we should be able to move away from the horrible
OID stuff and associated requirement to perform BLOB operations in
transactions.

PostgreSQL 7.2 will hopefully go beta next week sometime.

regards,

        Gunnar