Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by __matthewHawthorne <mh...@alumni.pitt.edu> on 2003/08/19 23:26:55 UTC

[all] commons jars in ibiblio maven repo

This may be an obvious question, but...

Wouldn't it make more sense to have all of the jakarta-commons jars in
the maven repository on ibiblio.org under a "jakarta-commons" directory
(groupId=jakarta)?

I don't think that maven supports nested groups, but as the number of
jars increase, it would be nice to have a more layered structure such as
apache/jakarta/commons/*.

18 out of the 67 directories in my local repo have the "commons-"
prefix.  At a glance, it seems kind of flat and disorganized.

Thoughts?

Re: [all] commons jars in ibiblio maven repo

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Yep, that'd make sense. Having groupId=jakarta would certainly help.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

__matthewHawthorne <mh...@alumni.pitt.edu> wrote on 20/08/2003
07:26:55 AM: