Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/01 07:46:32 UTC

What is the update of ShardingSphere new version plugin?

Hi ShardingSphere community, especially for Yonglun, Juan

The ShardingSphere internal APIs related to instrumentation have been
changed in RC3, so this issue[1] created to track the progress. Could
anyone sync to me, what is status? And what is the ETA? Including
1. ShardingSphere plugin needs to move into the current test framework as
step 1[2]
2. A high possibility of ShardingSphere plugin bug[3] requires the
feedback. Does ShardingSphere community know anything about this one? This
is not likely a SkyWalking bug.

[1] https://github.com/apache/skywalking/issues/3777
[2] https://github.com/apache/skywalking/issues/3583
[3] https://github.com/apache/skywalking/issues/3984

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Re: What is the update of ShardingSphere new version plugin?

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
Got it.

I would give an update on the issue of LICENSE when ShardingSphere for SkyWalking backend storage moves ahead. Except for that, let’s wait for Yonglun’s reply.

 Juan Pan

panjuan@apache.org
Juan Pan(Trista), Apache ShardingSphere

On 12/1/2019 21:06,Sheng Wu<wu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>于2019年12月1日 周日下午5:46写道:

Hi Sheng,

Considering some instrumental API of ShardingSphere were changed in
4.0.0-RC3, ISSUE[1] is needed to put on the agenda, which depends on
Yonglun’s planning.
Besides, it would be efficient if Yonglun could take charge of ISSUE[2]
and ISSUE[3] since the ShardingSphere plugin for Skywalking is contributed
by him. However i’d like to listen to his thoughts.

Let’s wait for his reply.

BTW, a nonstandard LICENSE has been used for ShardingSphere  since
4.0.0-RC3, do you think it is supposed to syncit to SW?

Thank you for the remind.

Two parts, ShardingSphere could be involved.
1. ShardingSphere plugin. It is just compiling level dependency, so, it
just requires ShardingSphere jar is available in Maven Central, and as
Apache release. SkyWalking is good, no need to add any license to
SkyWalking repo.
2. ShardingSphere for SkyWalking backend storage. I think this part is not
ready, and 100% bases on your plan. If ShardingSphere jar will be
re-distributed in SkyWalking tar, then, YES, we need LICENSE update. If we
are going to use ShardingSphere proxy, which I like more, then no LICENSE
update too.

[4] https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/blob/dev/LICENSE

--
Sheng Wu 吴晟

Apache SkyWalking
Apache Incubator
Apache ShardingSphere, ECharts, DolphinScheduler podlings
Zipkin

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> 于2019年12月2日周一 下午4:27写道:

> Hi Sheng and Yonglun,
>

> Keep in mind i do not know ShardingSphere plugin well, here is my
> understanding.
>

> ShardingSphere plugin for Skywalking is based on legacy version of
> ShardingSphere, so there is no problem if user adopt legacy ShardingSphere
> + any version Skywalking. Now the point is whether we should provide
> enhancement to make ShardingSphere plugin compatible with latest version of
> ShardingSphere, right?

Yes. This happened before RC3 released and should be a bug for RC1 or RC2.
If you don't intend to fix, please reply to the issue, then I could close
it, and ask the user to wait for a new plugin and new release.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org> 于2019年12月2日周一 下午5:28写道:

> OK. I think RC1 and RC2 could share the same plugin, RC3 and 4.0.0 will
> share a same plugin.
> I'll test RC2 and develop RC3 plugin next week with Haitao or Zesi. That
> bug also will be fixed together.
> I think the migration of plugin test cases can also be finished in the next
> week.

Thanks for the update.
I am forwarding this info to SkyWalking dev ML.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org>.