Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alex Re <al...@aucland.co.uk> on 2000/04/19 12:41:08 UTC

Problem Installing Tomcat as NT Service Using JSRVANY...

Hi all out there! My name is Alex Re, I am a student from Spain.

I am having some problems installing Tomcat into Win NT as a service. I
first tryed to install tomcat with srvany.exe from the Win NT resource kit,
executing the .bat file to start up Tomcat, but I am not able to get it
running this way and the stop method it's not as clean as it would be
recomendable, isn't it?
Then I heard about jsrvany, I downloaded it and the tomcat wrapper class. I
am trying to intall it, but I can't...
Please, does someone of you out there have installed tomcat in NT as a
service? Please, would you be so kind to explain me how did you get it?

Thanks for all in advance, and sorry because my bad english! :-)

Resin vs Tomcat

Posted by "Michael P. McCutcheon" <mi...@value.net>.
I am trying to decide which servlet engine/web server to develop and deploy
with.  The website I'm working on is 100% servlets.

I have heard that Resin is much faster than Tomcat.  Will future versions of
Tomcat ever focus on improving performance?

What are the relative strengths and weaknesses of each?

Besides speed, why would I want to use one over the other?

Michael P. McCutcheon

Re: Problem Installing Tomcat as NT Service Using JSRVANY...

Posted by Phil Welch <Ph...@worldnet.att.net>.
Alex,

You might try running Apache along with Apache's JServ from
http://www.apache.org.  After you have installed it, but sure to ignore the
start / stop options from NT's start menu.  Instead use NT's control panel
built in server start / stop capabilities.

Good luck...

Phil Welch